02-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #12
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i,2016 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
I don't have access to the production site with the bullets so I don't recall all the terminology. I recall it will sit at the third bullet for a few weeks and then when it enters production it's done within a week. The site BTW, is typically a few days late so your cars further along than you assume. I believe from where you are now until the car enters production they are staging all the components and then welding the frame, painting, etc. What production week do you have? That is the week your car will be completed. From completion to getting assigned to a carrier takes 1-2 days and then 3-5 days for delivery to east coast, a bit longer for west coast.

Hope this site is helpful; https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...63&postcount=1
Thanks for sharing the link. It was helpful. If I try to compare "Production Begins" on My BMW to the link, it is in "150 - Production Started" which it could be completed fairly quickly based on the given timelines.

In this day and age, I would assume the statuses are updated from the production line in real-time but looks like that's not the case.

My SA told me that vehicle has "build date of 03/07". I am not sure if that means the start or the completion. I am hoping it is completion since it entered "Production begins" status on 02/24. Also does "Priority: 1-Customer Sold" on the order form means it has higher priority than others or is it just a customer ordered vehicle?
Appreciate 0