10-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #47
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by therangerangler View Post
I'm running the bimmertech amp, it's the audiotec-fisher PP86DSP. I'm using their "default" hifi tune, with the exception of some changes to the gain.

Because of the loudness of the turn signal indicators, they had the gain turned down to "0" by default to reduce customer complaints. At that point, I questioned the necessity of an amp. We tried the gain up at "5" and my wife was complaining about how loud the turn signal indicators were. We settled at "3" and it seems to be the sweet spot for getting some more power to the speakers, but not an overly loud turn signal indicator.
I stopped procrastinating, went into the garage and switched my tweeters to -3db, definitely took the edge off. I have a Match 7DSP amp and it's strong so this should allow me to increase the volume w/o pain. I need to tune the DSP since I didn't get presets for it from Audiotech other than channel mapping.

Re increased indicators, once I set the sound level for them to the minimum (car/settings/sound/...)they don't bother me, in fact I can't hear them over the music...lol.
Appreciate 1
cptcolo103.50