Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
I'm running JB4 Map 5 with custom values on my 50i

The difference is night and day.
Have you had any issues? I've used a JB4 of my last 2 BMWs (2014 328i, and a 2016 340i), both with great success.

However, I recently posted in the N63 forum of Burger's website about my concerns. EVERY......SINGLE......OTHER.....POST..... was nothing but people complaining about problems they were having, and I even saw BM back-tracking on a post saying "Well, the nature of the engine makes it very complicated to tune".

Not what I wanted to hear.

I have no doubt it performs better..... how's the reliability and stability of the tuning working out though?? Any CELs? Misfires? Other issues?
I have a similar history with JB4, as I've had it it on both my E70 X5 and F80 M3 with great success.

I have read the forums and the issues people have with JB4. Terry is right, this is a tough engine to tune.

With that said, I worked with Terry, sending him many logs on different maps with TMAP, EWG and OBD2 connected to try and get the perfect map for my car. We adjusted FF and WGCM levels and eventually was able to find a sweet spot on Map 1. I haven't had a malfunction or safety code since.

HOWEVER, before doing this, I was getting chassis/drivetrain malfunction codes on every other pull in the stock, "from the factory" JB4 firmware settings. The trick with JB4 is not relying on the stock settings, work with Terry to get it adjusted perfectly to your car with custom values and you shouldn't have an issue.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
Vinny1315.00