View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 12:32 AM   #74
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Are you able to flash it back to stock without leaving a trace in case you need to take it to the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStory View Post
Yes, but this car is quiet as a kitten so there wasn't much change in the sound. It's a little bit louder and there are a few more pops and cracks but it's a nice sleeper.

The TCU isn't available for us yet but he said he'd get back to me in a few weeks to let me know when it's unlocked. He said it's a must have.

As far as power, the f30 forum folk with the same B58 as ours are reporting over 100hp with just this flash tune. I'd have to say I totally believe it. The ECU flash changes the default 400hp max gauges in the vehicle to read 480hp/480tq. I know it's just a graphic and not a true dyno but when floored, the HP gauge maxes out at 480 and the TQ is just slightly under it (around 470) and it sure as hell feels like it. I'm extremely impressed and happy with it.

Maybe if I get some time off I'll find an AWD Dyno around here. I'm very impressed though, not sure I need to dyno it since I'm happy.
Appreciate 0