Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have esys up and running and have coded some stuff in my X5 G05, can you send me the ECU and coding to remove the 5AP, or do you just remove it from the VO
Here are the basics:
  • read FA, edit FA
  • remove option 5AP, save FA
  • read SVT
  • code BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 [43], FLM2 [44], KAFAS4
A couple of notes:
  • above procedure will return the ECUs above to their stock (as shipped) state; so if you have FDL coded anything, in those specific ECUs, that will be reset back to stock
  • 'code' above is right click the ECU and select Code; this is not, in this case, 'code NCD'
  • to activate, make sure you're in auto lighting mode and High Beam Assistant mode (lower button on the lighting stalk)
  • REMINDER: don't forget to be in Diagnostic Mode in the car when coding
How easy is it to work with Esys? I have no clue what it is or how it works so do you think it is worth the time and effort for coding just the 5AP option? Not like I live in the woods or the country side where there are pitch dark roads. I live in proper urban areas so honestly want to do this just for freeway driving or occasional night driving through a mountain that I have to cross to get to my sister in laws house.
Anti-dazzle is great, but what is very clear from the discussions on the forum is that we are all definitely individuals and priorities vary all the way across the board. E-Sys is not difficult in the end, particularly if only VO coding is done (which this 5AP option removal is), but it is also not a system designed for untrained consumers and requires reasoning and attention. If you don't feel comfortable with tech, there are coders that will do this and other coding (both VO and the potentially more involved FDL coding) for you including remotely for, I think, a reasonable rate, including our very own r33_RGSport.
ifr1196.50