Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcoska View Post
Did anyone buy zaino to cover all these things?
1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Polish
4. Seal
5. Wax
6. Finish
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134129

I'm super confused as what to buy, how often to do everything.
I have almost every Zaino product, love them all.

Zaino is only a sealant, so step 5 and 6 are really part of step 4, as the Zaino seal gives you the wax effect, if a bit glossier but less "wet".

The Zaino Polish isn't for serious swirl removal but will get light scratches and does a great job of enhancing the reflectivity of the clearcoat. I use Menzerna Intensive Polish for serious swirl removal, it works great. I follow it with ZPC to remove haze and give a final gloss prior to sealing.

The Zaino packages do a pretty good job of including everything. The main questions left over:

1. Do you want Z5? This pretty much depends on dark vs light cars.
2. Do you want the AIO?
3. Will you get CS to add durability and ease?

On my recent detail I was in a bit of a hurry so I just did AIO and CS, but usually I do two layers of Z5 followed by a Z2 on my Carbon Black E46. For the new car I will likely do Z5/Z2/Z2/CS after the initial clay. CS goes on all exterior surfaces. Don't plan on polishing the first time if the dealer remembers to not wash my car.
Appreciate 0