08-12-2020, 06:15 AM   #29
Unit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDisco View Post
In what way is the M340 low-rent inside compared to the M3? Just curious to know why you have stated this. The difference between the current models of M3 / M340 aren't exactly comparable since they are based on different model series (F80 vs G20). Do you see it as differences in the trim materials and seats as the reasoning behind this? Or more fundamental interior architecture (dash layout, tunnel height, etc.)? As I say, just curious since I have owned neither of these models....
Sorry yes comparing the F series but I expect it to be same on the G series too when the G80 M3 and G82 M4 are launched. The leather, seat style and general materials on the interior certainly on the F series 3r 340 Msport is very poor compared to Audi and Merc rivals never mind the M3 of the same generation. The fundamental layout is the same re: dash etc but the plastics used aren’t great. The G series M340i is only a step up marginally as again the interior isnt that great. I fully expect the G series M3 to be a level above.

Where as with the X5 M50i and X5M you get two very plush interiors just different styles ie one is aimed at the luxury SUV feel and the other at best in class performance SUV.

Last edited by Unit; 08-12-2020 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 0