View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #31
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
As you can see, the choice isn't easy. I think BMW is smart in providing both variants.

Over the past 14 months I have gone from a '16 F15 50i with DHP, to a 2019 X5 40i (don't ask) to a 2020 X3M to X5 M50i. If you can afford and justify an ///M, get it. Nothing drives like an ///M. That being said, I enjoy my M50i.

The similarities between the M50 and M are fewer than you think. There is a reason why most parts are stamped ///M on true M's.

Do you want a smile or huge smile every time you push that pedal down? If. huge smile....Buy the M.
Do you desire to drive something very few will be driving and is instantly noticed? Buy the M.

For me, I couldn't justify the payment for my personal circumstances and I got a smoking deal on the M50i build. Plus I needed to unload the X3M before the bottom fell out on values.

I wanted more room over the X3M, but I can tell you, every time I'm hammer down and midway through 3rd gear in the M50i, I wish I had an ///M. Every time I throw it into a turn, I wonder how much better that turn would have been in a true ///M.

Again, both are amazing vehicles that check off different boxes, that is evident by the other post.

Now with limitations on the finer options (soft close doors, etc), the X5M might be a better choice now. Unless you wait until mid MY cycle when some of the options might be available again (would be the first time BMW updated the options).

Do you want the prom date that every else will be looking at and wishing they were with or do you want the prom date that your children will see pictures of when you go through the family photo album?

At the end if the day, you have to appreciate life and your accomplishments be vacillating over such a decision.
Appreciate 3
MystroX56289.50
Unit218.50
bmwauug248.50