View Single Post
      06-27-2022, 06:47 PM   #19
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
Any idea how long the application lasts on a daily driver vehicle not stored in a garage (but under a carport)?
How long the wax lasts mostly depends on how often you wash it. My process looks like this;

In the spring, clay bar, AIO and a coat or two of Souveran.

Over the summer when the Souveran looks to be diminishing in gloss, I give it another coat. Usually 3 coats throughout the summer (just the wax, as the AIO acrylic remains underneath).

In the fall I redo the AIO (which removes any remaining or built up wax) and a new coat of wax. As my garage is unheated I can't conveniently re-wax in the winter, so by spring the wax is long since gone, but the AIO underneath is still protecting the paint till I start over with the clay bar.

So in direct answer to your question, the wax topper lasts about 6-8 weeks with one wash a week. The AIO lasts much longer, at least the 6 months that I expect of it in my process.

My last 3 black BMWs all still had beautiful paint when I parted with them, despite our harsh, salty winters. I feel very comfortable with the products I have been using.
Appreciate 2