View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #105
OhMyXM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Just checked out the new X5M stuff. I have an X3 M40i and a X3M-Comp. Absolutely love them! I just am not the one who'd break that price barrier (100k) on an SAV, UV or whatever ya want to call it. Crossing that line for me means two seats and purpose built to track with livability coming second. I am a stay at home dad with two girls so I need the space but want to "live a little" too. The M40i covers that. My M is a luxury that does it better, and pretty damn good better! I am not sure the X5 version with it's added weight, price, etc. would give anything more. Plus, I just don't like the new instrument cluster! Just can't get on board with it. I am starting to see some track times for the X3M breaking the 4sec 0-60. So not sure that is a factor either. And I seldom need to slam it off the line to leave everyone just a spec in my rear view mirror anyway. With the 500hp 6, I am eating noticeably more fuel than my M40i. Noticeably! 1 tank, or $50 more per week. Just think of 4.4 625 V8 will do!! Anyway, yes, it's totally awesome. But only for those with lots of disposable cash. The X3M will give ya all the senses and "save" ya 30k. A rear tire on the X3M is also $360 plus fees and installation... plus, not sure if it's just me, but the pictures of the front brakes are not as impressive as on the X3m. I love my calipers! They are gigantic! Yeah, probably heavier than snot, but look awesome 😂!
Appreciate 0