View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 11:26 AM   #13
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt07 View Post
I think this post is the final nail for me, gonna let my dealer know I wont be getting a 45e. I was pretty excited to get this vehicle after all my research, but this inability to it in neutral for towing or moving is strange and not something I’m willing to deal with especially with BMWs less than stellar reliability (but great driving experience).
I agree this is worrying and an extreme inconvenience but how many times have you had to tow your vehicle anywhere? I've been driving for 25 years and have only had to tow my vehicle once. So if you look at it from that lens, why would something that so very rarely happens sway you from buying this car?

Edit: Added more qualifiers - On top of having to have your car towed - how many times is it because the car is completely dead electronically and how many times does that happen when you don't have access to the front of the hood. For this issue to become an inconvenience to the X5 owner, your car has to be completely dead and situated such that you don't have access to the battery. Those variable just lower the probability of it ever being an issue for you.

Last edited by VTENGR; 10-28-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
volodp198.00