10-28-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_2_f80 View Post
Folks,

This post is for educational purpose, as I know someone will be in my situation especially with cars being driven less during these times. More importantly what I learned about the G series BMWs...also some venting.

This problem started yesterday afternoon when the X5 would not start. Luckily the car was parked in my driveway so i was able to deal with this SAGA from my home and not stranded on the road.

The vehicle ignition and electronics start but the starter engine does not crank. Talked to BMW assist and sent the car data over the SOS line, BMW tech confirmed the battery is fine and the problem is with the readiness module. As per my discussion with the tech, the readiness module recognizes the key, does a check to wake up all systems then authorizes the startup. In my case this module is not giving the "ok" so no startup sequence.
Quick question here, I think I missed something. So the issue is the vehicle won't recognize the key therefore you have no control from inside even when lights come on?

I ask because you can electronically unlock the transmission but you must be able to get it to attempt to start for it to work.

Thought I would add where to find that information. There are a couple ways to do this and even if battery is dead you can do it from a jump box/source. Pages 141, 145, and I believe its 376 in the owners manual.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS

Last edited by Tenac; 10-28-2020 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0