04-02-2024, 09:26 AM   #10
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc-yyc View Post
I have to hand it to you for actually pulling the plug on this approach .

Takes serious guts to buy tires online and import them from Italy of all places!

I, too, toyed with this idea of ordering tires over eBay, but I eventually chickened out and ended up ordering the same Michelin PS4 SUVs but in RFTs. I really hope they aren't as bad as the Continentals.
Oh believe me, I hear you...

The only reason I took the plunge was because of the fact these retailers (one of which happens to be in Italy) literally have thousands of 5 star ratings, and countless reviews from folks in the states.

It truly is seamless, like ordering from any US based retailer, and it's all done through Fed Ex shipping, which is already included in the price.

I never in a million years thought I would be able to tell the difference between a run-flat and a standard tire, but it truly is astounding.

Non-rf's are so much softer, and significantly lighter, reducing unsprung mass.

RF's are getting better though, as the first set I had were on my new 2006 330i, and those were cement bricks....

It just boils down to having to compromise, based on US availability, on what I feel is one of the most impactful components of a car, in the way it affects every day feel, comfort, handling, etc.

I spend way too much money on these cars to settle for whatever tire happens to be sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the states.

I've been done compromising for years, and I've never looked back.
Appreciate 1
sbc-yyc86.50