Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulllh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
So big thanks to [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] for helping me out and coding in CarPlay on my 2021 X5. Also thanks [COLOR="Blue"]Warrenw[/COLOR] for meeting me and helping me through the process. I'm so happy to have CarPlay so I can use my Naver Maps app for here in Korea for navigation. Anybody else only wanting CarPlay, I highly recommend hitting up [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR]
Were you able to activate connected drive?
Because I only need it to update my software to get ANDROID AUTO!
No, this was just having CarPlay coded in. The Connected Drive is a separate thing. My car is located outside the US, so I don't have telematics. Also I can't add my car to the connected drive because the car isn't registered with BMW. BMW says the car needs to be in the US to do so. Even if I were able to get the car added to the connected drive, without the telematics, the connected drive can't talk with the car. So you still wouldn't be able to get CarPlay or Android Auto. That's what [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] does. He's able to bypass the Connected Drive and code in CarPlay.

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0