Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Like to share my experience

custom order a Sdrive40i back in end of October, picked up the car yesterday.

$71045 MSRP, 11.5% off MSRP, $500 OL code from drive for hunger event, $2250 incentives (I have no idea what they are), max money factor addup (0.00082+0.004 = 0.00122), also add the lease end protection. I was pushing for base money factor and they don't budge, so they did better on overall discount

Just to vent, I hate going into the F&I office, every time it takes forever, and we somewhat agree on the deal but they always manage to mess around with it. End up spending 3+ hours on a Sunday morning. Why can't they just be like Tesla and be in and out in ~30 mins...

Lessons learned, you really have to work hard to get the very last bit of few hundred dollars, there's really no free lunch...
That has mostly been my experience with nearly every dealer, but it was entirely different this time from BMW of Reading. Quick, painless. She already assumed I wasn't taking the extra stuff and only asked me quickly about the more important things, tire/rim and brakes. Told me I could take the brake maintenance plan at any time so no need to take it now, and I took the tire and rim. Reasonable price for the package I thought.
Appreciate 0