06-15-2022, 04:47 PM   #68
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I have a 2022. Interior has actually exceeded expectations but my rear bumper doesn't fit right as there's a big gap one side, a front fender was misaligned, and one headlight was not flush. All have been fixed except the rear bumper cover as they may have to replace it or the mounting bracket. It's a pretty noisy car and just doesn't sound very solid when driving. It feels a little like driving a polished kit car. I knew what I was getting into so I'm not exactly surprised as some things are better than expected and some things as expected.

Yeah that's actually what my friend experienced with his performance, because of the 20 inch wheels.

I have the "poverty" 18 inch wheels on my LR and it makes a world of a difference. There are people who even say the performance isn't worth the extra money when you can just purchase acceleration boost and be nearly as quick and you have better range with a better ride. To me, i disagree. I think the performance is worth it however i got a decent deal on my LR. And at the time when i ordered, for some reason it would've taken 3-4 more months for a performance vs opting for the LR.

It's not a perfect car at all. I'm not saying tesla is the best company there is. I am saying in terms of EV, the charging network, the tech that comes with it, i don't see anyone competing with it in all 3. Maybe other car makers are better at build quality, but they don't have the performance. Maybe another can charge quicker but it really doesn't have the performance of a tesla.

That's why i said as time goes on car makers will eventually catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
The other makes are catching up quicker on drivetrain stuff than Tesla is figuring out general quality control. TBH they aren't as far ahead as they claim. Their range figures tend to be very optimistic in the real world vs competitors who are more conservative. Once we get more dedicated ev platforms out and onto gen 2 drivelines I wouldn't be surprised to see Teslas edge disappear unless they have a battery breakthrough.
Again i am talking about EV usage. Range, the charging network, the tech, performance and price.

Tesla really has all of them as a whole if you think about it.

I think the only car that comes "close" to a tesla would be a ford mach-e GT. Which would be tesla's model y performance competitor.

The price went up on the Y performance but it still has a better 1/4 time, slightly better range and a better interface system. As well as tesla's supercharging network.

I have no doubt other car makers are going to produce cheaper EV's with decent performance with better build quality. Of course it'll happen.

But that's why i am saying car makers are playing catch up NOW. When these car makers are improving, so will tesla. It's not like tesla will just stop innovating and improving while other car makers are.

It's going to be an EV race for the next 5-10 years. Tesla will still be top 3 for EV's, MAYBE still be number 1 at that time.
Appreciate 0