arlind94
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
The X5M is very affordable honestly for what you get. Price indicates how "exclusive" something is from what I can tell.
Yeah, I mean not to poop in anyone's morning exclusive cheerios but ... these are all working-class cars, i.e., most everyone buying one needs to work to afford one and their current X5M lifestyle. Not to say we're not lucky to be able to afford one, but there is a greater context ...

I would offer colloquial use of "exclusive" starts at the point where people who need to work for a living don't go, and that's probably somewhere around the $200k zone. Just about everyone would agree an Urus, Cullinan, Bentayga are "exclusive" as are high-spec Range Rovers & AMG G-Wagens.

Comparatively, the X5M is in the $100k range and 99.9% of people wouldn't know an X5M from the lowest spec 45e or 40i parked at Walgreens. (in fact no BMW would look odd in a Walgreens parking lot!)

The X5M is a super cool car, and a very nice car, and a great GREAT value and anyone who can afford the experience is lucky! ... but it's still a mass-produced working-class car and thus not very "exclusive" compared to 10+ other SUV brands out there.
A 100K car is working class? Uh…sure.

The only cars considered exclusive are brands that only make exclusive cars. A g wagon could be a Jeep Wrangler to 99% of people.

BMW isn't known for exclusive cars, but they make exclusive cars within their range. M cars are their entry exclusives and alpinas are their top exclusives. Within the M car range you have those that are less common like M5s and X5Ms and more often like M4s and below. I see M3s and 4s on my way to work everyday. M5s occasionally and X5Ms maybe once every two weeks, if even.
Appreciate 0