11-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #24
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
replied.

In my long-term coding experience (began in 2009 with F01 7er), I have become very comfortable and experienced using ESYS. I bought the BimmerCode and BimmerLink apps and related Bluetooth adapter when they came on the scene ... but really only used it for iDrive 5/6 Video in Motion when ESYS coding had limited that to 40 mph. I've been "lazy" a few times over the years and wanted to make a quick coding tweaks so i resorted to BimmerCode instead of getting my coding setup on my laptop booted up

I've found that why Bimmercode is unreliable is due to the interface. The Bluetooth is unreliable for ECUs with large data ... ie. BDC and will often crash leaving situations like this where the ECU is corrupted and needs to be recovered with the "Detect CAF for SWE" feature in ESYS ... similar to what is done for brand new parts which I've retrofitted over the years to various vehicles ... or helped people with coding "donor" parts to their cars. It's a pretty reliable fix 99% of the time can recover these situations caused by the Bluetooth interface used with ESYS

Stephen has provided an update in Bimmercode I'm guessing about 1 year ago now and you can use a traditional ENET Cable with your iOS or Android device. I have used this recently and I am impressed at how quick and reliable BimmerCode is with using this interface. It's the ONLY way I will ever user BimmerCode/BimmerLink moving forward.

My iPad PRO has a USB-C connector and first tried there. Bought an Ethernet to lightning adapter for my iPhone ... results are the same. Long story short, if you insist on using BimmerCode instead of ESYS, then get yourself a ENET Cable and appropriate adapter cable for your device to add an Ethernet port and use it in this manner.... never use one of the wireless interfaces again, and you should not experience these issues moving forward.
What about using WiFi instead of Bluetooth? I've used the following adapter with Bimmercode and it's lightning fast and I have had no issues coding with it using WiFi. https://burgertuning.com/products/mh...30318091141235. I use it with an Android phone but it's compatible with IOS as well.
Appreciate 0