View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 10:08 AM   #30
demas
Strictly BMW
Rep
Drives: F10 550i | E82 135i

What a perfect thread.

I started learning Classical Guitar and Flamenco when I was 13. Later, started a Rock band with friends. I played Lead, my best buddy was Rhythm and another good friend was Drums.

We did a lot of the popular stuff back then - Warrant, White Lion, Skid Row, L.A. Guns, GnR (I ain't no Slash) but we also loved Surf music and in particular The Ventures (Nokie my inspiration).

I always tried to pursue Classical - it just takes a life of dedication. I promised my mother I'd play her favorite song Recuerdos de la Alhambra in person one day - that was 30 years ago and I still can't get the whole piece down... and my tremolo is horrible today.

I stopped playing when I was 19 and started work. Only recently got back to playing - 25 years without an electric guitar or amp or anything - just decided one day, why not?

And I did the strangest thing - I bought a Telecaster. Back in the day, we were Les Paul's and Humbuckers - we shunned Fender and Single Coils. (funny, as I liked Surf). As I got older I really appreciated the timeless Tele and the Strat pickups - although for some reason I never got along with Strats - something about the shape and feel.

Now, I got the Tele ('52 reissue w/ G.E. Smith mod), a Warmoth partscaster running Seymour Duncan pickups. Then bought this amazing Danelectro for that 50's vibe.

If I can make space, I'd love to add a Moserite or a Rickenbacker which I've never played. Weirdly, I don't care for Gibson anymore although I play better on a shorter scale.

I gotta rebuild by calluses...
Attached Images

2013 F10 550i M-Sport | AC Schnitzer Springs | CMP Chassis Brace | PS4S

2011 E82 135i M-Sport | Evolution Racewerks CP | Stock | Stock | Stock
Appreciate 7
NYG10958.50
BMWGUYinCO4125.00
sygazelle11519.50
hubbahubba9002.00
RugbyBro7609.00