Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
These posts are so funny to me. You want a fast car in a straight line buy an electric car. Used to be a time when every BMW fan boy would say "yes the MB is faster but driving feel, sporty is why I buy BMW

I have owned over 50BMW's most M cars most recent F90 M5. Dumped it in 3 months Pre covid and never drove it. I hated it. Fast as can be completely unconnected and not fun.

The new direction of BMW isn't to my taste at all. Every car/suv same deal they're fast now but numb steering Harsh suspension that doesn't at all translate into good handling and feel and heavy.

I own a Cayenne GTS have driven the X5M comp extensively. The X5M is def faster in a straight line yes and so is a Model X doesn't mean I want either Handling/steering feel/400 lbs lighter Cayenne wins all day for me. I'd take the Cayenne GTS Coupe I have any day and twice on Saturday over the
X5M and I did. At the end of the day I like sporty responsive and dialed in whether it's an suv or sports car and that BMW is not

Video notwithstanding CD tested the regular cayenne turbo faster than the X5M to 60 and neck and neck quarter mile
It's totally fine that you feel your Cayenne GTS is better in handling and steering than the X5M. However, that was not what was proclaimed earlier. It was said earlier very broadly "Porsche>BMW". Steering and handling are fine, but I would say when most people argue what's better in terms of performance, especially on these forums, they are referencing 0-60 and quarter mile times, whether it's the truly and objectively best metric notwithstanding. I don't have an X5M or a Cayenne GTS for that matter, so I don't really have a dog in the fight quite yet (planning on getting an X6M as my next lease).

In that situation, the X5, maybe not BMW as a whole, is better than Porsche, again with an asterisk upended by "for the price".

That further holds true to features/options. You would easily need to add $30K-40K more in options to Porsche to just match a comparably equipped BMW.

Add in that the X5M is far more affordable when factoring in discounts and especially leasing, the idea of Porsche being the "best" starts to really only boil down to a few metrics, unless one is willing to spend major coin, at which point the Urus enters the chat.
Apples and oranges. Get your point.

I don't like the feel of BMW's anymore. They also depreciate like lead weights

I don't cross shop any BMW sedan or sports car with Porsche like I said apples and oranges

I owned a 2020 992 Carrera S drove it for 10 months and traded it back in for 2k less than I paid

So to me what's the real cost - 2k to drive a 140k car for 10 months or buy a M8 lose 25k in 10 months so is the BMW really the better bargain? I say no. In my mind BMW is not competing with Porsche other than perhaps SUV's. Proof being it's nearly impossible to find any 992 911's anywhere yet the M8 sat on lots for going on 2 years. The M5 has massive discounts, the X5M and X6M massive discounts where the higher end Cayennes aren't discountedz

If you lease certainly BMW is the leader no doubt about it.

My point was simply a car that's fast in a straight line is great doesn't make the car better and outside of this video there is no X5 M50 beating a cayenne turbo when the mags have the regular cayenne turbo faster than the X5M comp to 60 and close race in 1/4 mile