Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Porsche cannot go electric soon enough

To slow 💨
You realize the cayenne turbo s e hybrid... does 0-60 3.2 and is almost a full sec faster in the qtr mile than the x5mc... right?

I love BMW but this weird circle jerk tribalism against Porsche is weird. Porsche > BMW at the end of the day.
And then again the turbo coupe is base 132k, and turbo Se hybrid is 166k, F95 starting at 105. If anything the GTS (110k, 453 hp) is the closest comparison imho.

Serious question in comparison though, do you align price or just highest trim?

As far as BMW tribalism, this is the bimmerforum. Is it that strange?
I hate this $$ argument. At that rate, the corvette crushes BMW when it comes to value. But I never see anyone mention that here. Or the Tesla P100D.

Also, this whole straight line speed obsession lately is just weird for BMW fans IMO. Feels like I'm on a dodge charger forum from like 10 years ago. U want fast 0-100 straight line? Tesla wins every. Single. Time.

U want best straight line speed + handling, for the best $$ (unless $$ isnt a big deal, which u said it is) then the corvette wins.

I love BMW but im not gonna be blinded by brand loyalty.
Have you sat in an American car? They suck 😂 I've owned a few, still own a decently fast one. Fast but shit quality. Fun tho!

Even under the Americans...Tesla's are bug out fast, but have you seen the quality? Awful. My friends 6 month 100k+ P100 model S door handles don't even work right (paint coming off door handle cups, he has to punch in the handles occasionally) and that car is faster than any bmw m8 in a straight 9/10 times. Still would never spend the money even if I'm saving 50k. The window gap alone on the S's b pillar makes me cringe every time I see it. And those huge gaps are within tolerance!!

Nobody can tell me porsches interior design and build quality is that much better than the merc, bmw, audis. In fact it's probably just more sanitized and less fancy in a Porsche. That new turbo s is amazing, but sitting in it felt like I was in a restomod minimalist Scandinavian built car. And guys will scoff and say "are you kidding, the porsche interiors are the BEST!" Cmon man...

So if we're comparing a sporty German SUV to a sporty German SUV, with a budget of 115k, x5m over a cayenne GTS any day. Show me what's significantly different at those prices between the two. Performance? Build quality? Or is just saying "Porsche" the real difference here?
Handling/road feel/steering feel and feedback/looks/weight/wheel gap

Other than straight line speed the Porsche is superior in driving dynamics

As far as interior I would actually give the nod to MB for having the best looking interiors and BMW next. Better than Porsches interior