9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Question for those who have experience with concrete.

I currently have swisstrax installed over a unfinished and crappy concrete floor. The floor was poured maybe 10 years ago, but is far from smooth which is why i got the swisstrax over it (probably a 'heavyshot blast' texture according to charts). Thinking about taking this downtime to rent a grinder and level it down a little (no plans to epoxy though). Couple questions...

1. How much material off the top do these diamond grinders usually take off? A few mm's at most? half an inch?
2. Any negative if i just grind down and clean the concrete/fill cracks - but dont do epoxy (maybe do a sealer to keep help with the dusting?)
3. Is this even a worthwhile venture since i have swisstrax already. Eventually the garage will be rented out for others to use as parking/storage when i move, and the swisstrax will be coming with me.
why mess with the concrete flooring if you already have Swisstrax on top?
Honestly there is no need at the moment, but I am slowly prepping my apartment to be rented out as well as the garage unit. Figured I'd clean up the floor a little to make it attractive to prospective buyers. 9/10 won't care most likely but I have the time now to tackle these projects. secondary reason - dusting. swisstrax helps a lot but still lots o concrete dust.
Appreciate 1