View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #73
RexDong
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
I have had this active and coded since August.

Happy to share but there's not much more to say other than there's no consistency as to when the car will stop if at all at a red light. The lights are recognized regularly and the car notifies me when the light changes to green. If there is a car in front of me everything works seamlessly. The only issue that arises is when I am the lead car at a traffic light. Then you have to be extremely careful because you cannot count on the system to stop you. I have also discovered that if you are traveling at over 40mph, the system does not slow the car down in time if there is another car stopped at a traffic light in some situations. So be careful

It is a nice feature to have, however, it is far from ready for prime time in the US. I do not know if there are some features tied to the GWW space FSC. The other possibility is that it is a region coding that has not even activated in the US. Have fun playing with it but be very careful as it is not reliable to stop you at intersections.
The lead car won't stop, hasn't it reached the stop line recognized by the system? Because the traffic lights are too far away
Appreciate 0