View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #12
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
You don't really get to beat up on it. They don't let you launch the car, turn off DSC, or even have a course that allows for anything remotely considered a "beating." You get 2 runs and it's over in under 30 sec (mine was ~20s). You also have to sit through 30-40 minutes of some boring video and wait for everybody else to drive as well. They rotate between 4 cars per group but they're out there all day, so the crappy all-seasons tires are basically shot. If you're the fastest in your group, you get to stay extra 40 minutes to race against other groups' winners, where you can actually launch but the rest are still the same. It's a good time killer, but don't expect too much.
I've been to three of these before. I keep my expectations based on the cost of the event...free. If I had to pay for the event then yes, I would have the gripes you presented.

And it depends on how fast you go in reference to "beating" on the car. On one of my practice runs, I had to slow down halfway into my run because I caught up to the driver who was put on the course ahead of me.
Appreciate 0