incubatewhisky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMX X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hchhuor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
I would be interested in hearing any updates on this, especially where to tap power from in the fuse box. I know some vehicles are very sensitive to additional load changes for some circuits. All I'm looking for is 12VDC switched on and off with the ignition. I don't need power for the dashcam when the vehicle is off.

Although it's easy to check, I have not yet done so... is the cigarette lighter always on or does it switch off with the ignition? If switched, this may be an easier tap than running a feed wire from the rear of the vehicle.
cigarette lighter come on as soon as you get in the car and switch off with the ignition off. I just don’t like the wire hanging plus I can not close the cup holder.
I wired mine to the cigarette outlet in the second row on the bottom rear of the center console. You can hide it so that you can't see it at all from anywhere in the front. My 18mo son is the only person in the 2nd row (in his car seat). The car seat is way more distracting than the little bit of wire that snakes around the bottom corner between the passenger seat the console.
Appreciate 1
bichoo280.50