View Single Post
      03-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
jziol2000
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Wait, so when you all the 800# and give them your production number, they say they have no record of that number at all? Something is not right. I would call the dealer and confirm what is going on.
No, sorry, I wasn't very clear. The 800 number and the live person both recognize the production number, and the call center person I spoke with did verify that our name matches with that number, but neither could give me a production date.

Our salesperson still says that his computer shows we are scheduled for production the 14th week, which is the first week of April, but at the South Africa plant. I checked the WW Cargo shipping schedule, and the only ship leaving South Africa headed for Port Hueneme leaves at the end of April, and takes 45 days to get to California, getting here almost the middle of June.

That would be almost four months from order date to delivery, if that is really what happens. I'm hoping BMW uses other cargo lines from South Africa that have sooner ship dates and quicker routes! I'm also continuing to check and see if a existing car that is close to what we want comes into inventory around here, but there doesn't seem to be many 335i models out there.
Appreciate 0