View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #13
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If you have a button on the side of your headrest...I think they might be adjustable to accommodate (your head) when the upper articulating back has been moved forward. Do you all have a button on the side of your front headrests like in the pic below:

A Crash-active head restraint (not triggered)
B Crash-active head restraint (triggered)
1 Front section of the head restraint
2 Head restraint support
3 Button for setting the head restraint (depth adjustment)
4 On activation, max. total path forwards: 60 millimetres
5 On activation, max. total path upwards: 40 millimetres
6 Mechanical system for setting the head restraint as well as for motion of the head restraint in a triggering process
The button for setting the head restraint (depth adjustment) is installed in the side face of the front section of the head restraint. It enables the position of the front section of the head restraint to be varied in 3 positions by up to 30 millimetres depending on what the occupant wants. For the forward depth adjustment, the front section of the head restraint only needs to be pulled (2 lock positions). For the backward depth adjustment, press the button in the front section of the head restraint. This releases the latch mechanism. The front section of the head restraint can be pressed backwards.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0