Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
OEM installs quickly like the others. Took the longest masking everything off and despite my best efforts it still found an exposed area and scraped it, but it polished out so no permanent harm done.
Anyone put the black grille with the tri-colour stripe? I wonder how it looks like on this big size grille
It's not the grille with built-in colour slats, but rather black grille with M-colour slat snap-on covers. Cheap and holding up well, but took a while to get the China vendors to send non-defective covers: 3 sets of returns, refunds, and then eventually got a good set from another vendor; took 2 months. When I put them on, I said to myself I'll see if I like them and jury was out then. Frankly, the jury is still out 10 months later, but too lazy to take them off, I guess :-).
Decided to take the M-colour slats off and see what a plain clean gloss black grille looks like overall for few months. Taking them off is a little tricky, so had to develop a tool to help: two old credit cards with a narrow hook-fold to slide in and grab the slat clips to pull out and away. Posting here to help anyone else that wants to take them off without any damage.
Attached Images