View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #41
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Not sure what it means when we read "BMW have lost their way".

Is it a few enthusiasts, lamenting a changing world? Which BMW have to keep in their sights for future sales. Or is it BMW appear to be slow to respond to the future, like "where are the EV models?"

From my observation, the whole motor industry is in a very difficult and fluid place at the moment, and it will take a while to clear the fog, see what course really should be pursued.

The motor car as we knew it is never coming back, user expectations have changed. Maybe, just maybe, BMW do have their finger on the pulse.
I think you are on the right track there Highland Pete and here's why. BMW has several outstanding new products but they've just recently upgraded the 3 series which is their bread and butter sedan. Purchased a new m340i for my wife before Christmas and it truly is an impressive car. Upgraded from a 4 series 440i gran coupe and its much faster and a lot more fun. 382 HP with similar performance (a tick or two slower) to an M3 competition according to Car and Driver. I love it and I'm driving an M6 comp as my daily. All new electronics and everything to do with the motor's and suspension settings individually adjustable...Feels like a great value for the price!
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50