View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #43
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
I think you are on the right track there Highland Pete and here's why. BMW has several outstanding new products but they've just recently upgraded the 3 series which is their bread and butter sedan. Purchased a new m340i for my wife before Christmas and it truly is an impressive car. Upgraded from a 4 series 440i gran coupe and its much faster and a lot more fun. 382 HP with similar performance (a tick or two slower) to an M3 competition according to Car and Driver. I love it and I'm driving an M6 comp as my daily. All new electronics and everything to do with the motor's and suspension settings individually adjustable...Feels like a great value for the price!
I can only really appreciate the motor industry from the UK (European) perspective. I sense from reading over here, that BMW are not far off the mark for supplying user needs. Perhaps BMW missed a trick, by not supplying an F3x model as an M340i/440i. Now filling a gap in the range, which they clearly see is more important than a straight G20 340i.

As to knowing the market and keeping abreast of user demands, BMW appear to be doing well. We have a lot of company and fleet users over here, which is a big part of the motor market in the UK. (Not sure of the latest figures, but was something like 50% of UK BMW's go to the Company car user and Fleet markets). In 2019 BMW was voted "Fleet Manufacturer of the Year" by FleetNews. FleetNews has its finger on the pulse for what users value and require, particularly high mileage users.

For the second consecutive year, the BMW 5 Series has remained at the top of its class – having won the same FleetNews award as in 2018, "Executive Car of the year". Their comment, really says it all.

Quote:
Driveability was the key reason for its success. Judges felt that nothing else in the segment offered the same combination of engagement and refinement, making it a favourite with drivers.
I'm sure the new G2x models will do well in the coming months, certainly back to top of the class in most UK comparisons and reviews.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50