View Single Post
      06-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #66
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
No, you do not need to have an active hotspot subscription to get Spotify Connected Music in the car in US. It uses the built-in Connected Drive provisioning. No pun intended, but yes, I also noticed the QR code method can be spotty. If it doesn't work for the userid/password login, best guesses are a) weak built-in radio signal where you are (there is no way to check, but try other, urban locations if applicable), b) typo in userid/password (take your time), c) IIRC you need Spotify Premium (paid) to connect.

PS: As otherwise stated, make sure you use correct case for password. For good measure, use correct case for userid and/or email as well (email case doesn't matter for email, but systems that use email as userid may require matching case). Also, you should be able to change the Spotify userid in your Spotify account to something rational — I suggest "arewehavingfunyetxeno", but that's not much shorter :-).
Thanks for the replies.
When scanning the code at home, those attempts are with the car inside the garage. However, I believe I tried this more than once at my office where there is no covered parking.
I have tried all upper then all lower case for my email. I am certain of my credentials and have made enough attempts to think at least one of those would have been keyed in correctly.
The third point might be the critical one. As noted upthread, I have a trail premium account. They have my cc, but no charges until after the 90 days.
Thanks for the tip about changing the Spotify id. At this point, I cannot get it to work in the car and occasional problems on my iPhone 11 Pro so I may just retire back to Apple Music.
Appreciate 0