View Single Post
      12-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
dakine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mineral white e92 M3

i checked the tire pressure and it was low! the tire called for 50 psi max, and the tires were at about 30. i pumped them up, reset the tpms, and went for a test drive... while on the freeway, at around 60 mph, the car started to flash the dtc majorly. and the car started going limp... actually started slowing me down to about 45 mph, so i went to do a downshift and when i pressed the clutch and put the car into 4th, i immediately felt the car come out of limp mode and then go right back into it with the yellow light flashing. i almost thought i had to pull to the side of the freeway because the car kept slowing down and kind of shaking. could the change in tire size actually cause the car to go all limp like that and the car seems very unstable like it's trying to auto correct itself out and into going straight.... freaking wierd. the thing i dont get is what could they have messed up with a tire change? or are the difference in tires so drastic it would cause the dtc to flip out.... anyone got anything?
Appreciate 0