2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
not perfect but ok ish
Thanks for posting that. Looks like yours sticks out more on the bottom. As a matter of fact yours looks like mine did after they performed the SIB where they sanded it down to make stop sticking. That only lasted a few months before they replaced the whole pot.

It looks like yours sticks out more on the bottom. Mine is more even all the around but sticks out more. Here's a few more pictures of mine after they replaced it.

It looks to me as if BMW doesn't have a set procedure/alignment specification for this. If they did, I would love to get my hands on that so I can determine if it's just sloppy workmanship, flawed design, or both.
you're welcome. I posted Frank pics so that you would know where I am. Previously the lid was too flush even depressed sitting lower than surrounding. Now it's elevated when viewed from the rear. Overall I'm not too bothered about cosmetics as the car is so awesome as long as the lid works and I can refuel.
ps- dealer paperwork showed they charged bmw 3 hours of labour and parts for the fix. God alone knows how much ££££ it would have been a fix out of warranty.
Appreciate 0