nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZ4 View Post
You can still run into this issue if the 45e is parked for a long period (weeks) of time, even if the high voltage system is being charged. The high voltage system only charges the 12v system while in ready-drive mode not while parked. Also if your 12v battery goes bad due to age or etc, you can run into this same problem.
a scenario like this?
my 45e sits for many weeks, depleting its 12V battery. high voltage battery is fully charged, though. my car is coded to start in Sport Individual, but because the 12V battery is depleted, it won't start the ICE or go into drive-ready mode. at this point, can i select ELECTRIC, HYBRID OR ADAPTIVE modes to get into electric drive-ready mode and drive away? then as i'm driving, the high-voltage systems begins to charge the 12V battery? or will i not even be able to get into electric drive-ready mode because i coded my car to start in Sport Individual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biterror View Post
I _think_ the ICE is started by the electric engine which runs off the HV battery (no 12 starter motor). However, the 12 V systems control everything in the vehicle, so without 12 volts, nothing works.

And I believe the 12 V battery/batteries are not charged by the DC/DC converter when the car is sleeping. The DC/DC converter is running when the car is running - and probably when the HV battery is being AC charged.

I really wish BMW gave us more information.
yeah, something more informative would be nice. i don't think BMW really understands there are enthusiasts who want to understand its vehicles' technicalities deeply.

Auricom anything in your notes?

Last edited by nZtiZia; 02-28-2021 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0