03-21-2019, 02:37 PM   #106
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
I'm keen to hear both your thoughts on what you didn't like about the F-generation, is that all of them you're referring to or just the 2 or 4 series?
Going from E-series (E92) to F was going to be the most obvious upgrade for me but something has made me hang onto what I've got and think of waiting for something like a G80 to appear. Hearing about bad interior quality and worse driving dynamics are some things I've heard from others but wondered if you were referring to additional things too.
Cheers
Every single F-chassis car was less engaging to drive than its predecessor, some like the 5-series and 3-series were a downright shame to the roundel on the hood. Steering, chassis tuning, etc. made you feel like you were driving a Camry compared to the cars they replaced. The 3er also had a very clearly cheapened interior. The F15 was also very disappointing as it was basically a nip-tuck E70 (especially inside) with neutered steering. It's no wonder they replaced that thing in 5 years.

BMW [naturally] started losing comparison tests from all publications. It still baffles my mind how an established performance-oriented brand totally pulled a 180 on how they engineered their cars. Car & Driver did a detailed analysis on this and even interviewed some fat cat at BMW. He kept playing dumb and deflecting whenever asked about the poor steering tuning. Altogether 2010 - ? was really a slap in the face to all of us.

Last edited by Germanauto; 03-21-2019 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
AD18350.50