12-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #11
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi911 View Post
We have bad roads here in NY and I'm tired of dealing with popped tires and bent wheels. I ordered mine w 19" wheel and suspension - I love the ride. I'm getting old!
I also went with the 19 inches on my X5 50i last year because of general road conditions, better performance in wet and snow. I believe only the 19 inches could be had with all-season run-flats. They also last longer, offer a softer ride, and are much cheaper to replace. The 20 inches came in the staggered form so can't be rotated either.

Mostly, it was my experience with my previous Cayenne S with the 21 or 22-inch rims with Summer tires that was a nightmare with curb rashes and pretty much useless in snow and heavy rain. For a daily driver, I promised never again. For me, the biggest sacrifice with the 19 inches isn't the aesthetics but not being able to get the sport brakes with its smaller rim. But no regrets overall since the ride is so much better. I do have the air suspension, but the bigger side walls make a real difference.

I guess it boils down to how you use the car.
Appreciate 0