View Single Post
      12-29-2020, 10:44 PM   #12
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Personally, I could care less what other people think of the looks of my vehicle. You cannot see the color if you're watching where you're going, or the wheels from the driver's position. The parts I can see while in it are important. Yes, bigger wheels with lower profile tires have the potential of better handling, but really, how many people actually push their vehicles to their limits. The smaller wheels/tires are less expensive to replace, should you need to either during your ownership or at the end of your lease. Yes, I could afford bigger wheels and higher performance tires, but at least in the USA, where there are no unlimited speed roadways where higher than say an H-rated tire might be required (well, actually even lower), why pay for it?

If you really worry about what other people think, hey, fine by me. I'll spend my money on other things, like some fine wine, art, etc...I've owned an old Citroen and Volvo...neither particularly stylish vehicles, but they were functional for me and met my needs.
Appreciate 0