View Single Post
      10-30-2020, 11:59 PM   #71
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

So i had the opportunity to get into a 2016 ATS-V lease for a great price so I jumped on it. Had it at the same time as my M3. Here are my thoughts on the subject:

1. Handling characteristics stock to stock the ATS-V was better than the M3. The magnetic ride was just awesome...the duality of the suspension between comfort and sport was just so awesome. In the M there is not much difference between any of the 3 modes.at least for me.

2. The ATS-V def had more turbo lag

3. Seats that were on the ATS-V (18 way adjustable recaros) better than comp seats and more comfortable

4. Brakes better on M than ATS-V even though ATS-V had 6 pot up front.

5. The infotainment was horrible on ATS-V....

6. Interior of ATS-V was quite bit smaller than M3...in my seating position in ATS-V very hard to get anyone behind me whereas in the M3 no issues at all.

7. Service and caddy dealership experience was horrible...stopped counting how many times the service rep told me he was going to rotate my tires.. Each and everytime I had to tell him "not this car buddy"... Just the way the dealerships are setup and the way the service departments were setup was just so blah..and totally ruined some of the experience for me.

In a nutshell I thought the ATS-V was great. If magically it was badged as four door M2 people would buy it like hot cakes. Its a great car that got overlooked because of the badge and cadillac did it no favors by not trying to build further on it...now they changing the name to some other odd naming convention...
Appreciate 0