CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Thnx. Yeah, since I'm in cool season grass country, fall is best. I was reading that, for thin/sparse lawns, it is still okay/not a waste to overseed in spring + fall. There's a material cost associated (& time) but I don't know that it'll hurt. We had quite a bit of snow mold in the backyard.

We slit seeded last fall and held off on pre-emergent this spring to give those seeds a chance (also in case we overseed). Thought about 2-pass aerating again as well but maybe we'll hold off until fall.

Which Husq lawn tractor did you have? Was thinking of pulling the trigger on getting one to move away from a lawn cutting service. Can't decide between a JD and a Husq. Even the lower 300-series JD's use the same seemingly much maligned K46 trans.
I've worked on small engines as a side business/hobby for 14 years now. I'd definitely say go JD. Their parts support network is unmatched. I had a 1963 JD 110 in last month for a customer. Went to the dealer to get some parts for it and they had them in stock.

I'd step up from a new X300 series to a lightly used X500. You can find some pretty good ones for the same price and the X500's have the K72 trans and Kawasaki engines.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
bosstones1154.00