Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
There are pics on Autoblog today of the new S3 interior and it looks much better, but it will still be Golf based and a little low rent compared to the A4 based cars.
Definitely better looking than the current outdated design, but pretty poor if you ask me (especially compared to the new A Class/CLA and 2 Series). That little matchbox looking shifter is terrible.
I'm a manual only guy, so I certainly agree.

I hate MB current interiors with their parts bin double screens just slapped on there. I also just don't enjoy driving any of their cars, blame it on years working in Germany and having them be my daily taxi.

If the 2er interior is anything like the X1/X2, it might look okay, but the plastics will be much harder and prevalent than even my Golf.

After many Audis, BMWs and VWs, I've found that VW Group interiors just tend to have all around nicer materials and generally a better layout. However the BMW parts are generally put together better and should you need to route around behind the scenes, the BMW interior will go back together easier and you'll generally need to cuss less.

My GTI interior is so much better done than our old F30 LCI it's hard to fathom that it was half the cost. But then the RS3 interior actually felt slightly cheaper than mine when I drove it. I think the basic 8V layout and materials were just flawed. Hopefully the new one is a better effort.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13294.50