View Single Post
      06-17-2023, 09:25 PM   #8
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Circling back on this. I've since heat cycled the engine and also performed the coolant bleeding/burping procedure half a dozen times and happy to report the secondary coolant/system is staying full. I was able to fill about 40oz of bmw coolant total over several heat cycles. That just means the asshat tech at Rallye Bmw forgot to fill my system after they worked on my car (new waterpump/belt/pulley) and i've been driving around this way for 2 months.

I think its taken this long for the code to pop up because 1) I don't push my car very often since i'm with my wife/kids and 2) the weather was cooler. Now that its warmer out the intake temps must be just getting over the threshold where its pulling boost and throwing the high intake temp code. This would explain why I was noticing lost of power during consecutive highway pulls.

This is why I prefer to DIY whenever I can!! Also pretty stupid of BMW to not put a sensor on the secondary cooling system when the main one for the engine does. My car has been at the dealer two separate times this year getting work done and both times they screwed up something. Time to look for a new dealer...

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 06-17-2023 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0