View Single Post
      12-19-2022, 10:01 AM   #19
MaKSiNG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

I’m resurrecting an old thread for a 2nd time here but I have exactly this issue now and wondered if anyone had a better understanding what might be required and how this works.

First of all, the footwell lights in the front (both sides) do not work.
I checked the fuse, this is fine.
I also stole one of the footwell lights from the rear to test and I am seeing a very dim light for just a few seconds after the light is plugged in but then nothing.

Secondly, the ambient lighting in all 4 doors does not work, this includes the lights in the interior door handles and the door bins.
Nor does the ambient light in the centre console work. So just under the central vents and also running along the sides of the gear shifter console. Interestingly, the glovebox light and the light in the middle for the cup holders, mobile phone storage works.

There might be others which do not work but I am not aware of exactly what should be lighting up in the X5 interior.

I checked all related fuses to the lighting which is out. 4 fuses in total (strangely one of them being in the back of fuse box when the other 3 are under the glovebox).

Does anyone else have this or have any ideas?
Appreciate 0