09-02-2021, 04:00 AM   #26
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaztheDad View Post
I think there is a fair sized group of us wanting to order, but we're all holding out for HK or B&W. Your efforts might sway us.

Have you put together a component list of what all you upgraded, maybe in a better or best list so we could order now with HiFi and take all this gear to a local installer for the upgrade?
Not sure what else to say beyond what I've said across a number of posts on multiple threads. I'm running an Audiotec Match UP 7DSP/MEC with Focal BMW 100L speakers in the front doors. I just ordered the Focals for the rear doors and the center. I'm working through whether to replace the under-seat sub but things sound very good at this point, mostly concerned about damage now that I'm powering them each at 160/320w/ch. So far this has cost me around $2k. I did the install so no labor costs. I'm very happy with this system.

If I was using a professional, I'd install either the system above (~3-4 hr install) or better install an Alpine PDP-E800DSP amp with Focal K2s and Gladen Extreme under-seat 8" woofers powered by the Alpine or a dedicated 200w rms ch amp. You'll need to buy a Technicpnp harness kit to wire the amp into the factory harness. Good installers have CNC machines and 3D printers to create spacers and adapters for a PnP install. You could add a true subwoofer in spare tire well but from what I've read, correctly powering the right under-seat woofer is all you need. The first system is easy to install, but talk to your installer about the second one to ensure they are capable of installing it and can fit the xovers somewhere. My understanding is that the mids will fit in the door enclosures but need adapters so have your installer measure them to ensure they'll fit. FWIW, a respected local installer recommended this system and said it all works. The K2's are a significant step up from the BMW 100Ls and Alpine has a higher rms/ch (100w rms) to power them and with good woofers you'll have a killer sound system.

Last edited by VertigoAtHome; 09-02-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18183.50