View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 11:34 AM   #2
YuicyYumboYack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: the speed limit

Unfortunately I don't have personal experience, but I've been researching as well, and so far what I've found is:

*Is install easy...like a one person job...or do i need to draft a helper out?
How heavy are those things? Do you just keep them on there or take them off/on based on relatively infrequent need?

Sounds like it's a two person job unless you're feeling brave haha. I think they're about 40 lbs so not terrible but I think the size would make it difficult to do it on your own. For me, I would only be putting it on the car when needed because it will have an impact on fuel economy, and may also introduce wind noise.

* I don't fathom needing that extra space all that often other than camping trips, golf trips with buddies (on that note, how many bags do you think can fit in one of those...i know different sizes...but i'd need to transport 3 bags).

Again hard to say because I don't have personal experience with one, but I did go to an REI to check one out and they're plenty big. Depending on the size, it will easily fit 3 bags.

For the other questions, I'll let those with actual experience answer since really I'm just talking out of my ass right now.

I do have the same concern as you regarding security. I'm in the Bay Area and if you leave an empty box in the back of the car someone will break in, so I honestly don't think I'd feel safe leaving things in the roof top box unattended. And funny enough...my wife also says we don't need one lol. I'll be watching this thread.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18193.50