03-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
That's just a Nav A style watch.. Stowa/IWC/Laco/A. Lange made the original Nav A and Nav B 55mm watches for the German pilots back in the late 30s 40s for the German govt. to a set of standards. So in any respect these are all copies (or homages)... Even your IWC. Furthermore, none of the originals were made as chronographs, so I don't think its fair to draw the correlation that the Steinhart is somehow sub-par because it's a copy.. especially when your next bit of advice is to buy a replica.

I personally wouldn't be caught dead wearing a replica watch... and trust me, if $500 is all you're planning to spend on one, I'd spot you from across the room.

OP: I bought one of them pre-owned and the other direct from Steinhart. If you can find the on the used market, you can typically get a really good deal. I'd start here. www.watchrecon.com

You're funny...you judge me by saying " if you're only willing to spend 500" yet you spent a whoppin 1000 on a third rate( no offense to any owners) watch company I've never heard of....

Btw, you're delusional if you think you can spot a 1:1 rep from across the room when authorize dealers can't tell often.

And a rep that has a swiss valjoux 7750 or ETA mvt is 95% genuine...only ones where it's not are the watch makers that make in house mvts such as JLC, Rolex, a. Lange's...I will never buy from companies like panerais ever again as 90% of their watches just use standard eta and valjoux movements...even some AP's and Hublots uuse off the shelf mvts

Yeah and I have gen jlc's and breitlings and panerais but have reps too and I enjoy wearing the reps more as daily drivers as I don't have worry about scratching them or losing them as they aren't insured....by the way I can't tell the difference when staring at them or feeling the mvt if they have Swiss mvts yet you can tell from across the room...puleeze.

But in the end if you like this watch you should buy it cause nobody is going to wear it for you...I was only bringing up an alternative as manly people don't realize the 1:1 reps for various watches uses the same exact movement as this watch this thread is based on and many high end watches such as AP and IWC and Panerais...and steel and crystal is pretty much the same.
Appreciate 0