View Single Post
      11-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #59
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So I feel like I am missing something in the lease offer a dealer is presenting me with. I admit, having only done a lease once 12 years ago with Acura, I am not the most knowledgeable person on the topic, but I have done some research. Using some calculators online, the monthly payment I am calculating isn't coming close to what the dealer is telling me the payment would be on an X5 40i.

36 month/30k miles
MSRP: $79,330 which includes the Destination Fee
Selling Price: $75,230 plus $1k loyalty
Residual: 59%
Total Drive-off: $15k value from trade-in, nothing owed
Acquisition: $925

Money Factor: Dealer dodged me when I asked about the monthly and the money factor, stating taxes were the reason it was what it was, which doesn't give me a lot of confidence about them being upfront.

Using the online calculator with the above info and assuming the .00182 MF, my payment should be around $660/mo. However, the number the dealer is giving me is $775/mo. Even if they are playing with the MF some, I can't imagine how they are possibly getting to that monthly rate. Any experts that could chime in?
Please DO NOT put $15k down on a lease. If the vehicle is totaled you'll loose that.

As a rule of thumb you want to be around 1-1.15% of your MSRP for your monthly lease payment. So a $75k MSRP should be $750 + tax a month for example with only inceptions. This all varies on current promotions and rates etc but gives you an idea.

Walk away from that dealer. That $15k should lower your payments about $400/month.