View Single Post
      05-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
kleo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Very bad repair job - advice needed

A month ago I noticed that there is a small crack near the passenger side fender. I took the car to the dealer and they offered to have it repaired under warranty using their authorized bodyshop, to which I agreed. The repair ended up took a month to complete due to needing extra parts from Germany, and I finally picked it up this Tuesday.

Long story short, I am extremely unsatisfied with the repair because the rocker panel, wheel arch and A-pillar speakers are ALL misaligned. The repair mainly happened on the passenger side so I am able to compare the driver side with passenger side and the difference is very noticeable. I also noticed that BOTH the driver and passenger side A-pillar speakers now have a big gap beneath them, which was not the case before the repair. I have no idea why they need to touch the driver side speaker!

I am not sure what's the best way to have it fixed right now -- I will contact the dealer for sure but I'm having a hard time trusting the same shop to perform the work for me again. The shittiness of the job is just unbelievable to me - are my expectations too high?
Attached Images

Last edited by kleo; 05-03-2019 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0