Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Yeah I think its cos your account/cookie() remembers your last viewed post. The link itself will always point to the thread OP, unless someone has an account on that site and has viewed the thread then maybe would take them to their last viewed post.
No, I always test that kind of thing because I am well familiar that web software systems are chaotic (being polite). In this case, when I tested/re-test now with no-cookie browsers (such as Firefox Focus or fresh Private Browsing on others), the original link still goes to the right spot for me. The original link does identify the specific post in the specific thread as well, so not surprising that at least some circumstances work. Nevertheless, your link is better as it is likely more permanent by referencing the post number instead of threadid+postid; it is also shorter.

Update: I think the root cause is the Mobile vs Desktop view on that forum software/theme (and probably this one as well). My original link works for all mobile browsers for me, and does not for desktop browsers. Software ...