Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBock727 View Post
What does "loyal" mean if you are complaining about having to have a membership for 6 months before your new purchase for a rebate??
Loyal to me is proven by my over a decade of ownership of their brand. Loyalty is sticking with them despite some of their well known and documented class action lawsuits / recalls on previous models. They define me as loyal because they gave me the loyalty rebate.

Changing rules midstream on customers is dishonest. I don't mind a rules change, but give current customers time to adjust. Maybe announce the new policy and note it goes into effect in 6 months. I already ordered and they have my money. I can't go back and join 6 months into the past.

You need to separate BMW brand loyalty from the BMW car club.

As you mentioned BMWNA offers loyalty cash incentives to all current BMW owners that are leasing or financing.

BMWCCA is a car club for BMW enthusiasts and community. As a benefit for being a BMWCCA car club due paying member, BMWNA offers a cash rebate to CCA members purchasing or leasing a new BMW.

Being a member of the car club is optional. Being both a loyal BMW customer and CCA member is a double bonus.

I'm guessing the membership drive with immediate eligibility for CCA rebate has probably been more successful than expected and lead to more rebates applications than BMWNA had expected.

Playing devil's advocate. BMW isn't changing the rule for current BMW loyal customers. You're a BMW customer and you received the loyalty incentive. They're changing the rules for prior and new BMWCCA members in 2020, so how does that affect you since you let your membership lapse?

For the majority of dues paying CCA members who keep up their membership and don't let it lapse, the change in eligibility is a nothing burger.

Appreciate 0