View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #37
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
You need to separate BMW brand loyalty from the BMW car club.

As you mentioned BMWNA offers Loyalty cash incentives to all current BMW owners that are leasing or financing

BMWCCA is a car club for BMW enthusiasts and community. A benefit for being a BMWCCA car club due paying member, BMWNA offers a cash rebate to CCA members. Being a member of the car club is optional.

I'm guessing the membership drive with immediate eligibility for CCA rebate has been probably more successful than expected and lead to more rebates apps than BMWNA expected.

Playing devil's advocate. BMW isn't changing the rule for current customers. You're a BMW customer and you still received a loyalty incentive. They're rules for BMWCCA current and new CCA members 2020, so how does that effect you since you let your membership lapse?

For the majority of dues paying CCA members who keep up their membership and don't let it lapse, the change in eligibility is nothing burger.
I can’t argue the optional part. I won’t try. I am simply saying that changing the rules midstream is shady. Changing rules happens, but allow a grace to customers who played by the rules and ordered while the reward was in place. That’s it.

Obviously most of us can afford an expensive vehicle so this isn’t only about money. It is about honestly and fairness to customers. If we ordered under the current rules, the right thing to do is honor the rebate.

If CCA thinks this is the right way to treat enthusiasts re-entering the brand or new then so be it. I got the message loud and clear. My guess is others will feel equally disenfranchised.

Regardless, the info is here and others can at least go forward knowing the 2020 changes.

Last edited by 130FeetDeep; 12-20-2019 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0